Dear Readers

The theme of this blog, Abigail coming home, has been completed for some time now. Therefore, it's time to close the book on this adventure and call it complete.

The family adventure, however is far from over. If you wish to continue to follow the Friend family, head on over to our family blog at thefriendfam.blogspot.com. There you will find updates on Abigail as well as the rest of the family.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Feel Like a Fraud

Those of you who know me well know that I can't sew, and, when it comes to hand crafts, I'm utterly hopeless. In the fourth grade, my teacher had me stay after school to help me with my stitchery. She finally said, "I don't seem to be able to help you."

On our honeymoon, I had a bathing suit strap break in the hotel pool, and Tim is the one who sewed it back together.

Imagine my dismay when Abigail hauled out her little butterfly stitchery, and commandeered my help because I think she assumed that all mothers know about these things. In desperation, I grabbed the instructions and tried to figure it out.

I found a method that worked. When she ran stuck, she would often look to me for help and sometimes I could give it. At other times, I would quickly call Tim over for a consultation. I still think Abigail thinks that I am the superior stitcherer, but that sometimes I just let Tim in on the fun. She thought it was great fun to sit in bed and let me hold her stitchery while she sewed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great pic!! Deb and her daughter, it touches my heart so much. You look great together.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I'll help you! lr

Anonymous said...

Deb I was so touched by the picture of you and Abigail with her stitchery. Mother and daughter it reminds me of all the great teaching moments I had with my Deb as she was growing up. What fun you will have with your daughter! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!